If you are looking for a healthier alternative to you’re a sweet tooth, I have a treat for you! These peanut butter banana cookies are great for a midnight snack or even an early morning pick-me-up.
With only 4 main ingredients it’s extremely easy to make. Grab some ripe bananas (the riper the better!) old fashion oats, peanut butter, and some chocolate chips, and let’s get baking!
Step By Step:
Start by mashing up 2 ripe bananas in a large mixing bowl. Ripe bananas are sweeter and offer a better flavor for the cookies, so think the riper the better.
Add in 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter and mix with bananas. Next, toss in 2 cups of old fashion oats and 1/4 cup of chocolate chips. Fold the mixture until combined.
On a lined baking sheet, drop spoonfuls of the mixture and form into cookies. Since there is no flour, the cookies will not rise or spread out. Make the cookies as big or as little as you would like keeping about 1/2 inch of space on the baking sheet.
Place the baking sheet in the oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove and let cool completely for 45 minutes to 1 hour before serving.
• Add in 1 tbsp of vanilla extract or 1 tbsp of maple syrup to make the cookies sweeter
• Use Almond butter instead of peanut butter for a healthier option. You can also switch out your oats for a gluten-free alternative.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Cookies
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 2 cups old fashion oats
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips Optional:
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash rippened bananas.
- Drop in 1/2 cup of peanut butter and 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.
- Next, fold in 2 cups of oats.
- On a lined baking sheet, drop spponfuls of the oats mixture forming them into cookies.
- Bake for 15 minutes and let cool competely for 45 minutes to 1 hour.