After some deliberate thinking, I’ve decided that I need to share some of my favorite side dishes to go along with these delicious entrees I’ve posted, What better way to start than with my garlic mashed potatoes that I paired with my Creamy Pork Tenderloin?
This is my go-to mashed potatoes recipe that I can easily make while I cook my main dish. Doesn’t require a whole lot of time preparing and you barely have to watch it while it cooks. My favorite sides to make are ones that I can honestly forget about but know they’re not ruined.
To make this side you will need 4-6 white potatoes, some butter, garlic powder, salt, and parsley for garnish. Start by boiling a pot of salted water. Peel and rinse potatoes. Then, pat the potatoes dry and dice them into 1-inch pieces to ensure the potatoes cook evenly when boiling. Once potatoes are nice and soft drain water.
Place drained potatoes into a mixing bowl and add in 4 tbsp. of butter, 1/3 cup of milk, and garlic powder. Mash all ingredients together and season with black pepper.
Garnish with parsley and serve.
I use 2% but I also don’t see a huge difference when I swap out for whole milk. But I would strongly suggest not using almond milk. If chunky potatoes are preferred, only use 1/4 cup of milk instead and mash to the consistency of your liking.
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 4-6 white potatoes
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- In a quart-sized pot, boil 4 cups of water and 1 tsp of salt.
- Peel potatoes and rinse off.
- Cut potatoes into evenly sized 1-inch pieces.
- Once water is boiling, add in potatoes and cook for 20 minutes until soft.
- Drain potatoes and pour them into a mixing bowl.
- Add in butter, milk, and garlic powder and mash all ingredients together until desired consistency.
- Season with black pepper and garnish with parsley and serve.