Hey mamas, we’re back this week with a chicken recipe! Yummmm.
Every now and then I like to believe I’m super healthy. And what do healthy people cook, baked chicken. But I need flavor so I need a flavorful baked chicken and garlic & herb chicken gives me just that.
The majority of this recipe is herbs so the fresher the better. Some fresh thyme, rosemary, parsley and garlic can really set this dish off. But if you don’t fresh, don’t worry because it still be just a yummy.
Step by Step:
– First you want to toss your chicken thighs in olive oil. Then toss the chicken thighs in all your herbs, minced garlic, and seasonings, really giving it an even coating.
– After the chicken is seasoned, place it in an oven-safe baking pan. You can drizzle the top of the chicken with additional herbs like thyme or rosemary before placing it in the oven.
– Cook the chicken thighs for 35 to 40 minutes on 375 degrees.
– Remove chicken from the oven once fully cooked and garnish with parsley. Enjoy!
Optional methods for this recipe:
Marinate: Marinate your thighs with some fresh herbs in the refrigerator for about an hour before cooking. It really brings out the herb favor when baked.
Sear before oven: Instead of instantly putting the thighs in the over, try searing them in a pan before. This will give the thigh a crispy outside adding an additional layer of depth and flavor.
What to serve:
I typically serve this dish with a broccoli or asparagus. It can also be paired with mashed potatoes or rice as well.
Garlic and Herb Chichen Thighs
- 6 chicken bone-in thighs
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Sage
- Preheat over to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss chicken in olive oil and season with herbs.
- Add in minced garlic to chicken and mix.
- In skillet, melt 4 tbsp of butter.
- Add chicken skin down to skillet and sear for 4-5 minutes. Flip and sear the other side for 2-3 minutes.
- Move chicken into oven safe pan and bake for 35 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.