Hello mamas! I am back this week with a quick and easy weeknight meal: Meatloaf!
I love a good meatloaf and so does my family, which makes this meal a staple in our household. Not to mention if the meal doesn’t require too much of my attention I am down to make it. Luckily meatloaf is super easy to mix ingredients and plop in the oven to cook, not requiring too much prep at all.
This meal is pretty traditional, however, my boys are typically picky eaters so I do not add onions to my meatloaf since they don’t like the texture. To make meatloaf I use 2 lbs of ground beef, ketchup, breadcrumbs, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, and then some Italian seasoning, black pepper, some garlic, and onion powder.
To start, combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, black pepper, some garlic, and onion powder in a large bowl. Once it’s mixed, add the meat into a loaf baking pan and pack it firmly. If I’m feeling fancy that night I might round my corners to give it a real loaf look, but it isn’t necessary at all.
In a smaller bowl, mix up the ketchup and Worcestershire sauce, and a bit of the seasoning. Then pour the ketchup mixture onto the meat and spread it pretty evenly on the top. The meatloaf is ready for the oven and will cook for about 35-45 minutes. Once the meat has reached an internal temperature of 160°F remove it from the oven and let it rest for about 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- 2lbs ground beef
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat over to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, bread crumbs, eggs, Italian seasoning, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Once all ingredients are mixed pour the mixture into a loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine ketchup, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and Worchester sauce.
- Pour the ketchup mixture on top of your ground beef.
- Place pan in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until internal temperature is 160°F.
- Remove from oven and rest for 5 minutes.