Tired of the same old chicken Alfredo? Want to put a little twist to a classic – bread the chicken. It adds so much more flavor and depth to a simple household favorite. For this dish I use the following ingredients: Chicken breast, breadcrumbs, eggs, flour, parmesan cheese, and butter. And then pasta, heavy cream, butter, and more parmesan cheese for the alfredo sauce.
I like to buy my chicken breast already split so that I don’t have to worry about cutting whole chicken breast in half, but some days regular chicken breast is all I have. If I have the full breast I cut it in halves and then beat it with a tenderizer to make each half as thin as possible to allow the chicken to cook evenly. To start breading my chicken, I cover it in flour, then dip into the eggs, the lastly cover in breadcrumbs. The chicken should be fully coated prior to placing into the skillet.
Have the skillet turned on to medium heat and melt some butter. The ratio for butter is 2 tbsp. for every two chicken breasts. Once the butter is melted, add in your chicken and cook for about 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Flip your chicken and cook an additional 3-5 minutes. Remove the chicken and repeat the process until all the chicken is cooked.
Once all my chicken is cooked and set aside, I cook my pasta as directed on the package and I start on my homemade alfredo sauce. It’s actually not super hard to make it homemade, it just looks more intimidating than it is. Your key ingredients here are:
- Heavy Cream
- Parmesan Cheese
I like to add in some black pepper as well just to add to the taste. In my sauce pan, I melt my butter and add in my heavy cream. Once it comes to a boil, I season it with my black pepper and then slowly whisk in my cheese. The sauce should start to thicken up while you whisk until it’s creamy alfredo. Then I add in my cooked pasta and toss until fully coated in the alfredo sauce.
- Chicken – I use chicken breast but have also used chicken tenderloins as well. Super easy with cooking time and the kids love them.
- Pasta – The recipe uses linguine, but any pasta is good for this dish. Penne is a house favorite.
Parmesan Breaded Chicken and Alfredo
Golden crispy breaded chicken with tender, juicy inside paired with flavorful alfredo
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 10 tbsp butter divided
- 8 oz heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 12 oz linguine pasta
- In a small bowl combine 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.
- In additional containers section out the flour and beaten eggs.
- In a medium pot, add water and cook pasta as directed on the package.
- Drench chicken in flour, then eggs, and then breadcrumbs.
- Melt 2 tbsp. in a skillet.
- Add chicken to melted butter and cook till golden brown.
- Flip and cook another side until golden brown
- Remove cooked chicken and set aside
- Repeat steps 4-8 until all chicken is cooked
- Once all chicken is cooked, in the empty saucepan add the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter and heavy whipping cream and bring to a boil.
- Add in black pepper and whisk in the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Finally, add cooked pasta and toss in the sauce.
Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with a lemon slice.