Mamas, if you are anything like me when Wednesday comes around you are tired of cooking. There’s just something about the middle of the week where you’re too tired to cook a bell and whistles dinner.
Wednesdays are also basketball practice nights, so I want dinner to be quick with no fuss. And that’s why I make my fast and easy Humpday pork chops recipe.
For these pork chops, the ingredients are super simple: your chops, a package of brown gravy, beef broth, water, seasoning mix, and some Worcestershire sauce.
- I do use bone-in just so the porkchops won’t dry out.
- You can substitute pork gravy if preferred
I have a mix of seasonings that I use on a variety of dishes. To make my seasoning mix use:
- 1/2 tbsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tbsp of Piyahh seasoning – You don’t have to use this brand, you can use any creole seasoning. I just love me some Cajun Ninja. 😅
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
Once your chops are ready, you can just throw them in the oven with a timer and devote your time elsewhere while dinner cooks. I serve my pork chops with either rice or mashed potatoes, topped with the gravy it’s baked with (because what’s a pork chop without any gray?!). Enjoy!
Pork Chops with Gravy (Humpday Pork Chops)
Tender juicy pork chops with gravy.
- 6 Bone-in pork chops
- 1 package of brown gravy mix
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 3/4 cup water
- 1tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp creole seasoning
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Preheat over to 350.
- Season pork chops with seasoning mix. And place in an oven-safe baking pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix a brown gravy packet, beef broth, water, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour mixture over pork chops, lightly covering them.
- Place pork chops in the oven for 45 minutes or until they are dark brown.
- Remove pork chops and top with gravy. Serve with rice or mashed potatoes.