Cilantro lime chicken is one of our household favorites! It’s delicious and juice with the right amount of spice.
It’s quick and easy to make, most of the time needed if for marinating. As a busy mama having to marinate your meat might not seem like an easy task, but I like to do it around my baby’s afternoon naps so that it is ready for dinner time. I like to use fresh cilantro and limes on my chicken because I feel it adds to the flavor.
You don’t have to use bone-in chicken with the skin (As a family we love the flavor and crispiness that the chicken skin brings), I have used boneless chicken thighs as well and just removed the searing time. I serve it with steamed white rice and black beans.
Cilantro Lime Chicken
A fresh tasting chicken with a crispy outside, tender juicy inside.
- 6 Bone-in chicken thighs
- 3 Tbsp olive oil divided
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- In a large bowl coat chicken in 2 tbsps and season with cumin, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Add cilantro, garlic, lime zest and lime juice and mix, coating all the chicken. Marinate chicken for 30min-4hrs.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add remaining olive oil to skillet and sear chicken skin-down for 3 to 5 minutes. Flip chicken and begin to sear other side. Remaining marinade can be poured on chicken.
- Place chicken in over safe pan and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove chicken and top with cilantro for garnish fresh squeezed lime.
- Serve with rice and drizzle with pan juices.